Wednesday 20 January 2010

My Medifast Weight Loss Program Review (By Lindsey Price)

I get a lot of questions from folks who are considering the Medifast weight loss program and are trying to do some research to see if this program would be a good fit for them. They have very specific questions to which they want the definitive answers. They want to know what their experiences will be like. They wonder If their lives will change very much. They want to be sure that they are going to get to eat at least some decent tasting foods so that they aren't constantly hungry or irritable. And, they want to make sure that this program is actually going to work for them so that they aren't wasting their money or their time. I'll share my experiences on this program in the following article and give you my somewhat biased review of it.
Medifast Food Choices, Taste, Texture, And Everything Else: If there was one thing that I really wanted to know about this program, it was the food. After all, you'll have to live with these foods for a decent amount of time since you are eating five of the meals per day. Overall, most of the foods are pretty acceptable tasting. You have a decent amount of variety, with over 70 food choices. The shakes especially are good without any chalky texture. (There are also some different health options. For example, there is a diabetic program, a heart health option, a joint heath plan, and a metabolism boosting package. However, I find that most people just go with the basic women's program.)
No matter which plan you chose, you're asked to eat six small meals each day. This sounds like a lot, but the meals are pretty small and because they come mostly ready to eat, this isn't too difficult to achieve and it does help to keep you from getting as hungry as you may fear. Of course, this does take a bit of an adjustment period for most people who are only used to eating your typical breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It probably took me about a week before I stopped worrying about when I was going to eat or how I was going to fit it in. It just became a habit somewhat quickly and I learned to chose and then assemble my meals ahead of time so that all I really had to do was heat them up or blend them as needed and then eat them.
Now, you are asked to make a decent sized healthful meal each day (called the "lean and green meal.") This is because they want you to get fresh foods and because they also want you to learn how to plan for and prepare healthy meals since you probably won't be on the diet forever. They are pretty good about providing clear guidelines, but when it comes to actually cooking this meal, you're on your own. However, this is really just lean protein and three veggies and there are many quick ways that you can achieve this. If you like to cook though, you can make this more elaborate.
Does The Medifast Program Really Work? How Quickly Does The Weight Come Off?: I was pleasantly surprised at my results. It's been a rare occurrence that I haven't lost at least some weight. For the most part, I've averaged well over 5 pounds per week, at least in the beginning. Lately, I've stabilized to around 2 -3 pounds each week, but the percentage is probably the same as I become smaller and smaller. I believe that there are a few reasons why this program is so effective.
First, since you are eating so often, you're less likely to cheat or become so hungry so that you'll need to over eat. Second, this diet is a high protein one. This forces your body to burn it's own fat which will often give you pretty quick results. Finally, they teach you to make sound choices via the "lean and green meal." This will serve you well as you begin to transition to regular eating again.
Is Medifast Expensive? Is It A Good Value?: Over time, I've come to believe that this diet really is pretty inexpensive. You basically get enough food to eat five times per day for a whole month at the base price of $300. This is good, but the company regularly offers discounts, coupons and specials that can get this down to around $8 per day - sometimes less when you get free food as well. I really could not do any better than this if I had to buy groceries. And, I've tried diets in the past where I purchased and made my own diet foods. They were not as successful because I was not able to put myself in ketosis. I've tested this theory several times using ketone strips and Medifast always wins in terms of convenience, results, and cost effectiveness.
Lindsey Price is the author of the free ebook "Getting The Most Out Of Medifast," which includes the coupons and discounts listed in this article, a list of all of the food options, detailed information about the diet and how it works, it's pros and cons, having success on it, and recipes for it. To get a free copy (immediate download/no information required), click here. You can also visit her diet review website at http://easiest-diet.com/medifast
Article Source: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Lindsey_Price

No comments:

Post a Comment