Wednesday 20 January 2010

Medifast Diet - How Does Medifast Food Taste?

Main Page

Are you thinking about going on the Medifast program? Then you are probably wondering how Medifast food tastes. Let's face it, if the food doesn't taste good you aren't likely to stick to the diet and that would certainly be a waste of money. Thankfully, most of the their products actually taste pretty good. While personal taste will play into things a lot when it comes to deciding what foods you like and don't like, hopefully my Medifast food reviews can help steer you in the right direction.
Medifast Shakes
There's a variety of Medifast shakes -- chocolate, vanilla, orange, strawberry, Swiss mocha and banana. I don't like the Swiss mocha and banana, but that's because I hate coffee and I don't like bananas. The other shakes taste just fine, but the strawberry is a little sweet for my taste. I usually drink the chocolate and the orange the most often. Vanilla I mostly use as a base for adding sugar free syrups, since I think vanilla on its own is pretty bland.
Other Medifast Drinks
Of the other drinks that Medifast makes, my feelings towards virtually all of them is yuck, yuck and yuck. The only exception is the hot cocoa which I drink every day. It's delicious. Also, lots of folks do like the cappuccino, but again I strongly dislike coffee so I don't like it at all.
Medifast Bars
There are many different types of meal bars to choose from so I won't go through the whole list here. I'll just tell you that my favorites are the oatmeal raisin and the chocolate mint. The fruit and nut crunch bar I don't care for very much. It tastes a bit dry. Overall though, my opinion of the Medifast bars is that they taste better than most of the protein bars I've tried in the past. They are certainly better tasting than the various brands that you can get at the drugstore.
For the rest of the foods, I like the scrambled eggs more than I would have expected, the oatmeal basically tastes like any other oatmeal and the soups and puddings I don't like at all. You may like them, but I just find the soups bland and the puddings a bit too powdery. It is difficult to make them blend as well as they should. So I don't bother ordering them.
Thankfully, Medifast will let you order whatever you like and if you want to try out different products you can get just order a sample of something to see what it tastes like.
If you are ordering for the first time, you can use the Medifast discount codes that I have found to get two weeks of the Medifast variety packs for free with your first two orders and that will contain enough different types of products so that you can see for yourself what you like and what you don't.
Also, check out my page of tips for creating your Lean and Green Meals. You'll find some quick and tasty ideas.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jenni_Kerala

1 comment:

  1. Now I know what is Medifast Diet, for me basically I have my own program and diet to lose weight plus I take weight loss supplements to help me sort of speed up the process.

    I would like to share a website were I get my supplements its Bauer Nutrition

    ReplyDelete